What is the PlanetM Landing Zone?
Located in the heart of the automotive industry, the PlanetM Landing Zone provides a physical entry point for global mobility startups interested in doing business in Michigan to access the vast network of automotive companies, testing infrastructure, talent and R&D centers. A partnership between the Detroit Regional Chamber and the Michigan Economic Development Corp. (MEDC), our mission is to make it as easy as possible for the world's best mobility companies to bring their innovation to market in North America.
The PlanetM Landing Zone is designed to provide:
- Subsidized and flexible collaborative workspace that facilitates day-to-day encounters with like-minded mobility startups, industry, and other decision makers
- Access to curated events, tours, delegations, and other exclusive opportunities to connect startups to established automotive industry, investors and other decision makers
- Strategic introductions to global automotive firms based in Michigan
- Access to a network of expert partners that can assist with a wide range of issues including legal, capital, talent and marketing.
- Strategy and support tapping into the statewide economic development network to support company growth
- Exposure being a part of the global PlanetM marketing campaign
The fee to participate in the PlanetM Landing Zone is:
- $100/desk per month for the first six months
- $200/desk per month there after
- Private offices are available on a first come/first serve basis
Who is Driving the Landing Zone?
The Michigan Economic Development Corporation is the state’s marketing arm and lead advocate for business development, job awareness and community and talent development with the focus on growing Michigan’s economy. An initiative of the MEDC, Pure Michigan Business Connect helps connect local and global purchasers to suppliers of Michigan goods and services.
- PlanetM: A campaign representing the collective mobility efforts across the state of Michigan’s unique and vast ecosystem, and its leading role in transforming the way people and goods are transported across all modes of transportation.
WeWork is a platform for creators, providing over 130,000 members around the world with space, community and services through both physical and virtual offerings. WeWork currently has more than 160 physical locations in 52 cities and 16 countries around the world. WeWork members are companies of all sizes, in all industries. They are creators who run the gamut from entrepreneurs, freelancers, and startups, to artists, small businesses, and divisions of large corporations.
The Detroit Regional Chamber is dedicated to ensuring our region of 5.4 million residents are educated, employed and healthy to compete in the 21st century global economy.
The Chamber has two programs dedicated to supporting the PlanetM Landing Zone:
- Destination Detroit: A team of economic development professionals that help attract new business investment and jobs to the region in collaboration with public and private partners in Southeast Michigan's 11 counties. Every year the Destination Detroit team helps dozens of companies from across the globe successfully enter and do business with our automotive sector.
- MICHauto: Michigan’s automotive industry association whose mission it is to promote, retain and grow the automotive and next-generation mobility industry. MICHauto's 120+ members include OEM sand suppliers, as well as leading organizations with dedicated automotive practices.