What is the PlanetM Landing Zone?
The PlanetM Landing Zone is a partnership between the Detroit Regional Chamber, Michigan Economic Development Corp. (MEDC) and WeWork Detroit to better attract and connect mobility-focused startups to Michigan's automotive and economic development ecosystem. Our mission is to make it as easy as possible for the world's best mobility companies to bring their innovation to market in North America.
The Landing Zone is designed to provide:
- Subsidized and flexible co-working space for companies
- Curated networking events to connect startups and the established automotive industry
- Assistance with introductions to the North American automotive companies based in Detroit
- Access to a network of expert partners that can help companies address the legal, tax and human resource concerns associated with scaling a new business
- Support from industry experts that can help you navigate the ins and outs of doing business with the automotive sector
- Strategy and support tapping into economic development programs to support future growth
Who is Driving the Landing Zone?
The Michigan Economic Development Corporation is the state’s marketing arm and lead advocate for business development, job awareness and community and talent development with the focus on growing Michigan’s economy. An initiative of the MEDC, Pure Michigan Business Connect helps connect local and global purchasers to suppliers of Michigan goods and services.
- PlanetM: A campaign representing the collective mobility efforts across the state of Michigan’s unique and vast ecosystem, and its leading role in transforming the way people and goods are transported across all modes of transportation.
WeWork is a platform for creators, providing over 130,000 members around the world with space, community and services through both physical and virtual offerings. WeWork currently has more than 160 physical locations in 52 cities and 16 countries around the world. WeWork members are companies of all sizes, in all industries. They are creators who run the gamut from entrepreneurs, freelancers, and startups, to artists, small businesses, and divisions of large corporations.
The Detroit Regional Chamber is dedicated to ensuring our region of 5.4 million residents are educated, employed and healthy to compete in the 21st century global economy.
The Chamber has two programs dedicated to supporting the PlanetM Landing Zone:
- Destination Detroit: A team of economic development professionals that help attract new business investment and jobs to the region in collaboration with public and private partners in Southeast Michigan's 11 counties. Every year the Destination Detroit team helps dozens of companies from across the globe successfully enter and do business with our automotive sector.
- MICHauto: Michigan’s automotive industry association whose mission it is to promote, retain and grow the automotive and next-generation mobility industry. MICHauto's 120+ members include OEM sand suppliers, as well as leading organizations with dedicated automotive practices.